Saturday, November 04, 2006

Retail Therapy = Retail Insanity

I basically spent $300 Friday night shopping after work. On the up side, I picked up my first holiday gift for this year.

I went to The Avenue looking for a belt and/or holiday outfit ideas. But they had these gorgeous soft warm sweaters in nice variety of colors and (way over priced) jeans. That wound up being the first $100 of the night.

Then, I went to Payless Shoes because I noticed that I don't have any good heels for work. Plus, the work shoes I usually wear have worn down soles since I tend to roll my feel when I walk. Yeah, those shoes look like I'm some kind of bow-legged circus freak the way the sides are so worn down! I found the perfect pair of heels and then noticed there was a matching brown leather pair. Another $50 down.

My next stop was Best Buy to pick up a home karaoke machine as part of my birthday party prep. I was able to find the exact machine I wanted with a nifty $6 off tag plus I picked up a karaoke CD. That was a lot of fun when I got home. I think the hardest song to sing karaoke to is Bette Midler's "The Rose" since for most of the song, you just have repetitive plinking piano chords as cues. This little trip cost me $90.

The final stop in my shopping madness was Bath and Body Works. I needed new shower gel and of course they had a sale for buy 3 get 1 free. For the foaming anti-bacterial soap, the sale was 3 for $10. So that is 7 soaps for those of you keeping up. Then of course I had to get moisturizer and some shower accessories. The poor clerk probably thinks I'm a germ-phobe. I discovered a couple new scents that I'm loving: sensual amber and coconut lime verbena. This store cleaned me out of $60. Ehh, I couldn't resist the pun...

No comments: