Sunday, January 14, 2007

Crazy Neighbor Run-In

I live on a hill and technically we can only park on one side of the street - the side that faces uphill. From first couple of years of living here, I learned parking uphill during the winter is a complete disaster. My dinky Ford can't make it up an icy/snowy hill and that is the problem if I'm able to actually pull out (if my car isn't stuck on a patch of ice). So during inclement weather, I try to park facing downhill.

I was trying to find a parking space facing downhill today and found a very tight one. I did my best parallel parking and I was reasonably in line (except for my car's ass that stuck out an inch or two). Satisfied, I got out of my car when one of my across the street neighbors told me:

- I better move my car.
- I can't park on that side of the street.
- She's going to call the cops and get my car towed if I don't move.

My response to her, "Okay, I'm going to get the hell away from you." I wound up having to park on another street. I'm completely flabbergasted by this run-in. I've never spoken to this woman and I have been a good neighbor for 5 years. I shovel, I usually park well, and I don't throw noisy parties. The threats and general pissiness from her was completely uncalled for. The fact that it was directed at me rather than the SUV down the hill that was parked perpendicularly on the corner, makes no sense. If I break my neck tomorrow morning, at least I know who I'm going to sue!

No comments: