Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Party Time!

Apparently, January 27 is The Night to Throw a Party. I got invited to 3 parties for that night. One party is hosted by a co-worker I barely know. The second party is a board game night. The third party is a night of wine tasting. Guess which one I am going to? It was really hard deciding between board games and wine but wine won. Sure, I could try to do more than one party but I think double booking is rude to the hosts and an un-necessary hassle for me.

This Friday is my company's holiday party. We're going on a cruise of Boston Harbor. My company got a discounted rate at a downtown hotel which I am totally taking advantage of. It is even cheaper for me since I'm sharing a room with PRH! The company party will have an open bar for two hours and 6 drawings for prizes that total $1500. Since I'm on the Activities Committee, I get to know all the details.

With life going so well, an actually having a social life, I wish I could go back in time to 12 year old me and tell her that life gets better starting in high school and the daily harassment will end in the last term of 8th grade. That life won't always be easy but the bad stuff leads to a lot of good. Also that good friends are on my horizon. I will end my message with a big hug.

No comments: