Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The World of the Living

Being back at work after a 9 day vacation hasn't been too bad so far. This morning I made my way through the back-log of work waiting for me. The worst part of today is the fact that I got about 2 hours of sleep last night so I have a splitting headache and nausea. 9 days of sleeping in completely spoiled me.

I had all this time off and what did I do? I played World of Warcraft, spent entire days in my PJs, and watched a lot of TV. I also ate absolute crap. One night, I had lindt truffles for dinner. I was able to level up my main two WoW characters at least! The game was pretty fun to play New Year's Eve because there was in-game free booze and fireworks.

Regarding TV, I have become a huge "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" fan thanks to back to back marathons on USA and Bravo. It's all about Vincent D'Onofrio for me. He's the exact sexy combination of quirky and damaged that I like. Speaking of damaged, I have been catching up on "Dexter". I'm surprised how funny the show can be! I tried getting into "Rome" but I lost track of who is who in the pilot and that usually nukes interest.

You know how there are studies saying that stress contributes to weight gain and sleeping well helps with weight loss? I think both those factors contributed to the fact that at my Weight Watchers weigh-in today I only gained 1lb! I had mentally prepared myself for 10. What a nice New Year's gift, huh? But I shouldn't coast on my good luck. I need to get back on the band wagon hardcore.

No comments: