Sunday, February 18, 2007

Another Winter, Another Fender Bender

As I was driving to go grocery shopping, the white car in front of me moved into the left lane and then took a right turn using no turn signal. I crashed into their passenger side. We were going maybe 30mph so there is minimal damage. Their car had a dent on the rear passenger side door plus some scrapes. A very nice pedestrian volunteered to be a witness and stick around until the cops showed up. The car I hit contained a man, a woman and a young boy in the back. The man is bald and short. As we waited for the cops, he proceeded to threaten and yell at my witness. Then he yelled at his wife/girlfriend because she wasn't writing fast enough.

Sufficiently freaked out, when I called the police, I told them that the other guy was being abusive and freaking me out. Little did I know, the Waltham PD have their own abusive freaked out cop that they could send to the accident scene. Officer Pratt lived up to his name by yelling at me when I tried to ask questions while calming shooting the shit with Baldy Mcshorty. Pratt also refused to write up an accident report or talk to the witness. My witness was so cool, he insisted talking to the cop.

A little tidbit I learned while taking Baldy Mcshorty's info was that the name on the car registration DIDN'T match his license. When I tried to ask Pratt, he yelled at me. Just another day in MA law enforcement eh? Sigh...

No comments: