Thursday, February 22, 2007

Makeup Scam

I have been cursed with dark circles under my eyes all my life. It hasn't bothered me until recently. I think the circles' hue changed so I look like death warmed over. A little pop-up ad caught my eye last month. It was for a free trial for an eye cream. I've had good success with free trials in my life so I signed up to get this cream. I just paid for shipping which is the usual arangement. The cream so far has been pretty good, I am just bad about remembering to use it nightly.

Last week, I noticed a $90 charge from iQ cosmetics on my credit card so I called them up. Apparently, I was supposed to send the cream back after a month or be charged the full price. News to me! Nowhere during the ordering process did they say that I needed to send the cream back. I had never heard of a free trial working this way. This is how they get you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was also scammed by IQ cosmetics. Same thing - free trial, but you have to send the product back or you get the full charge. Just the other day, I noticed another charge on my credit card. They tried to bill me again, two months later, although I had placed no new orders. I contacted the credit card company. Do not do business with IQ cosmetics.