Friday, February 16, 2007

Mystery Office Fudge Saga

Some generous soul left 3 plates of fudge up in our cafeteria today. Throughout the day, people had pieces and slowly it melted into a congealed fudgey glob. I have a weakness for fudge so I had a piece. This afternoon, a bunch of us realized that we had no idea who made the fudge. There is one female co-worker who has something strange about her. Either it's really good drugs, or horrible converation skills but talking to her never makes sense and she seems to repeat herself constantly until she ends the conversation with verbal ellipses.

She called down to reception to find out who made the fudge and she explained 3 times to me that she's allergic to flour but she really wants a piece. The receptionist had no idea who made the fudge and no one in my department knew so the game was afoot. I asked around Engineering and the Production Floor.

The receptionist appeared at my cubicle doubled over in laughter since she had found out who was the mystery chef. It was a marketing manager who made the fudge for a party she was going to throw but had to cancel since all her guests had a stomach virus. Wish me and my stomach luck this weekend!

No comments: