Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Mystery is Gone


I am very easily impressed entertainment-wise which is why I can have that awe completely ruined by acquaintances. When "The Phantom Menace" came out, Darth Maul was the ultimate cool baddie. My opinion lasted until my brother's friend pointed out that Darth Maul's introduction was basically a WWF intro Star Wars style. That comment killed the mystique for me.

The same friend struck again when the Lord of the Rings movies came out. She called the eye of Sauron a "flaming vagina". Another baddie ruined. "Law & Order: CI" is losing its mystique for me all thanks to Sarah who told me about a couple episodes where Goren saves the day in a ridiculous manner. I saw the pea line-up episode this weekend and Sarah was right. It was SO STUPID!


No comments: