Monday, June 11, 2007

Massage and Boxed Wine

I go to the Elizabeth Grady in Framingham because they have a masseuse who is fabulous. She uses just the right amount of pressure and doesn't talk a lot.

The massage Saturday was my first in about a year so I knew that I would need some major work. My upper back is the area where all my tension settles. It's funny paying attention to how my muscle groups respond to being massaged. My neck and shoulder area tend to tense/attack for the first pass, second pass they are tense but towards the end kind of give up, and by the third pass they are butter. There was only 1 point when I had to ask the masseuse to be gentler. My left side is still screwy from my stroke. My nerves like to scream pain (but are asleep when I burn or cut myself). She was working my back up and down my spine on my left side. It felt like I was being slashed with knives and there was no way to reason with my nerves. What sucks is that probably I needed a lot of work on that side and that's why it hurt. I know I had a good massage because I am still feeling the effects days later.

After the massage, I swung by Martys to restock my wine supplies. I was in the boxed wine aisle and figured what the hell. So, this weekend, I have had my first experience with boxed wine (Hardys). I like the spout and I like the ease of storage. I also like that 4 bottles of wine = 1 box. The wine itself isn't anything spectacular. But I have heard great things about Black box wines.

No comments: