Monday, June 18, 2007

Meeting My Baby



Yesterday, I had my first visit with the kitten I'm adopting. The litter is now creeping around but their eyesight isn't too good. Rasputin is as big as my hand and is a grey poofball. When I first held him, he meowed a lot but eventually he settled since I laid him over my heart (I heard it's calming to kittens). He also licked my fingers and gave me a little baby nip. My dad was able to hold him too. Rasputin is the big boy of the litter and when we weren't holding him, we enjoyed seeing him play fight with his siblings. It was such an overload of cute, I was on cloud 9 all the way home. He's coming home with me in mid-August and I'm taking a week off to help him orient.

The cutest part of the day was coming into the kitten room of the breeder. I didn't see a single kitten but that was because they were all curled up sleeping together in the back of this. So, the breeder picked it up and I was able to pull Rasputin out from under his brothers. Hee!

No comments: