Monday, June 11, 2007

Myspace Petition

This week on my myspace bulletin board, there was a petition to shut down a myspace profile called "Fuck the Troops". I read the petition and noted the comments, "Fight them over there rather than over here." "Draft the people who made Fuck the Troops". So, I decided to do a little investigating. There is no such profile on myspace. Either it was taken down, or never existed and was invented to rile up the right winger faithful. I know I was warned that most of the myspace bulletins are crap but this got me thinking.

Aren't the troops over in Iraq fighting for the freedom that there can be a "Fuck the Troops" profile? Or does freedom of expression get forgotten (as well as the Geneva Conventions) in fighting the Iraq War II? What about the fact that Iraq doesn't have WMDs or never attacked the US? If I had to draft anyone, I would draft the children of the people who authorized the war and underfunded it. Jenna and Barbara, got ready for boot camp!

I sent a message to the petition poster on myspace saying "Petition Accomplished." I'm sure she didn't understand the irony.

No comments: