Monday, July 02, 2007

Down with the Sickness

The weekend was fairly uneventful except for two things: I broke my iPod and the neti pot turned out to be AMAZING. Other than that, I was camped out on my sofa watching TV or playing the Sims.

I dropped my iPod which wound up corrupting the software. After a couple unsuccessful restores, I realized it was a goner. It's over 3 years old and has already been repaired under warranty. So, I sprung for a new 30GB black iPod. Not that I can actually afford it, but I can think of it as a "gift for myself".

I initially had trouble with the neti pot because it was really hard not to swallow with the saline running down the back of my throat. Swallowing forced me to breathe through my nose too. Friday, I was a salty sputtering mess a couple times. But once I got the hang of the process, it is oddly soothing. When I moved up to a full packet of saline yesterday, I found out that my tear ducts are connected to my sinuses because OW! It was like putting salt in my eyes. Anyone remember that Kids in the Hall skit? Anyways, my sinuses are pretty clear now thanks to my friend neti.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

hahaha, "never put salt in your eyes.. put salt in your eyes... ALWAYS put salt in your eyes"

LOVE IT!

~jeannie