Monday, August 27, 2007

Little Bird

Rasputin has been home for two weeks and he has settled in fairly well. Unfortunately, he has a cold now. He's been taking his medication really well. I've had him co-sleeping with me since I got him home to help him adjust to his new surroundings. So, for the past two weeks I've been lucky to get 4 hours of sleep a night.

Last night, I decided to try to sleep alone. I got a bunch of clocks and put them under his favorite sleeping places. I've heard clocks mimic the beat of a heart and help soothe kittens to sleep. Today, I am operating on 8 hours of sleep. Rasputin was silent all night. I think he has been ready to sleep on his own but it was I who insisted on babying him. I also think he just sleeps all day when I'm at work. When I get home, he feels the need to entertain me with cat behavior.

No comments: