Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My First Business Trip

Guess what? I haven’t stroked out or died from a pulmonary embolism! Which means that I can start traveling again without fear.

Wow, business trips are nothing like regular trips! We worked our butts off and each day became more and more tired. It was great meeting new people and seeing the sights around Dallas. I ate so much meat, I think I was close to a protein overdose. My company is a hard drinking crew but I tried to limit myself to one drink a night since this was the week when me going perm is going to be decided. Some co-workers sucked down drinks at dinner and then went out to a bar afterwards. I did break my one drink rule at a Mexican restaurant – I can’t say no to margaritas. Plus, someone bought all of us a shot. The best restaurant we went to was Hard Eights

Unfortunately, our hotel was under construction so that was a blemish on our stay. Nothing worked in our rooms, an entire floor had to be moved. I had internet connectivity in my room for one night and that was handy. The complementary breakfast was a sad affair since they didn’t have a functioning kitchen. I have no idea why the hotel was even open. It became a running joke for the week.

My flights were pretty good. Logan compared to Dallas Fort Worth is horribly designed and really inefficient but the terminals have good stores. Dallas Fort Worth has a ridiculous assortment of high-end retail stores and restaurants. My flight back I was in the window seat next to an over 6 foot guy who refused to switch with his wife to sit on the aisle so I had to deal with his constant jabbing me and spread legs. I was able to spot Waltham on our descent and that made me pretty excited. What looked potentially horrible turned out well; I was sitting behind a baby. The little guy cried once and slept for most of the trip. A perfect little traveler

No comments: