Monday, January 28, 2008

Verizon: Be Warned

Now that Verizon is able to offer tv service to many MA towns, I thought I'd take advantage of the bundle they are offering. I already had their phone service and loved the FIOS internet. Add in television service and I would be paying $99/month plus I'll be getting a free HDTV! Sounds good, no?

What they don't tell you is that the free HDTV takes 4 - 6 weeks to be available and you will have to pick it up yourself. I was all ready for my new TV when I was installed last month and now my entertainment center has been empty for 5 weeks.

It's not just the free TV rigmarole it's also their customer service. I got warning phone calls and a letter asking if I had requested a new email, which I didn't. I tried to talk to customer service and was hung up on. So, I emailed them and got back a message saying, "Oh nevermind!" My router stopped working last week and the rep I spoke to mailed a part to me. I called later last week for another problem and was informed that I could just bypass the router and be connected to the internet. Basically, there are so many glitches and mis-communications I have memorized their customer service phone number.

This is so disheartening considering that their entry as an internet provider has been awesome. Good service, good speed, and great customer service. It's like they added this premature business unit full of dysfunction to cover television service and it is gumming up all the works.

No comments: