Thursday, January 24, 2008

Week Back

It has been a tough week back. Rasputin meows non-stop all evening. I started responding by asking,"What?" in a sickeningly sweet voice. Now, I respond by telling him, "You know I'm going to kill you, right? When I get home from work, he has gotten into some kind of mischief. Today, I found a dish sponge in my bed.

Work has been okay. Monday, I forgot to adjust my computer from central to eastern time so I accidentally worked until 6pm. I looked pretty darn diligent at least! It is crunch time for the next couple of weeks since I have to firm up my year end report numbers for analysis. When I started the week, I had 4 months worth of reports to fix. Now, I have 1. It's one of those tasks where you get so sucked in, you forget that time is passing you by. Especially if I find a problem that can fix all the reports. That's how I wound up finishing 3 reports in one day!

This morning I got a really disheartening call from my staffing rep who basically told me that he has left message after message at my boss's numbers with no response and if I wanted to look for a new job, have at it. Wonderful! I could feel my blood pressure sky-rocketing. This afternoon I had a nice sit-down with a HR person who has made me feel much better. She told me that 3 months is the usual temp time line and she'll speak to my bosses. Answers finally! 3 months will be Feb. 14. I can deal with that.

No comments: