Thursday, April 10, 2008

Better Late Than Never


I used to be a huge movie buff. There was a time when I ran out of things to see at the movies because I had seen everything. But since real world stress has taken over my life and going to the movie is so expensive, I am lucky if I have seen 1 Oscar nominated movie by ceremony-time. Over the past month, I have caught up on 2008's movies. Here are my rankings

1. There Will Be Blood - fascinating and surprisingly violent. The story and Daniel Day Lewis' acting make this film truly awesome.
2. No Country for Old Men - very gripping and not too violent, just extremely tense. Doesn't feel like a Coen film.
3. Juno - I saw this fairly early in the theaters and it is a true gem. Funny, touching, great dialogue and acting.
4. Atonement - no idea what the all the hoopla is about. It is a very pretty film but all the characters are flat. Also, it pisses me off that a liar gets away with their lies.
5. Michael Clayton - seriously a legal drama is Oscar worthy? This was like Law & Order: Big Screen. Duh! Dunn!

No comments: