Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Yet Another Reason to Move Out of Waltham

Okay, I know I can be a shitty driver. I drive too fast and am sometimes that Masshole who drives up your ass to force you to change lanes. But I do use my directionals all the time and look before I change lanes. I also come to a complete stop at a T intersection especially if there is another car in front of me waiting to turn.

This morning within 2 blocks of my apartment, I got waved over by a cop who claims that I didn't come to a full stop at a T intersection. I told him that he was wrong. When he insisted that he was right and gave me attitude, I told him that I would fight his claim. He took his sweet time writing up the ticket while I sat there stewing and trying to estimate how much the ticket might be. Since he was forcing me to be late to work which was costing me money, I started getting really pissed. So, I blasted my radio as I sat there waiting (Oooh loud NPR). I got off with just a warning thank God - since I really can't afford to humor an asshole cop who needed to make a quota. A warning to fellow commuters in Waltham, there is a blind cop on route 117 right by Bank of America who is bagging drivers.

No comments: