Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cool Down Period

So yeah I got another rejection last week but quite frankly I wasn't surprised. They rejected me for another job back in May and in June they asked me if I was interested in this new job. So the timeline was completely ridiculous with the first interview in June and the second at the end of July. My other concern was that there wasn't a single woman in the department who I interviewed with. That has started to become a concern of mine throughout my job search. If I don't see a single woman in senior management, I get worried.

Why does it worry me? As a woman, I'd like to have a mentor or someone to emulate career-wise. It also worries me because studies show that the more diversity in a company, the more successful it is in the marketplace. I don't want to work for a company that will stagnate and die due to outmoded prejudices. How many women in senior management did Enron have? Just 1 and she left before the shit hit the fan.

No comments: