My mom made this a couple holidays ago and we finally found the recipe:
Sweet Cheese Wreath
from The Silver Palate's Good Times pg. 322
- In food processor (with a steel blade) put 1 lbs of softened cream cheese, 4 oz of softened unsalted butter, 1/2 cup maple syrup, and 1 tsp of cognac.
- Process until smooth
- Fold in 1 cup copped pecans.
- Add cheese mix to small ring mold with double cheesecloth. Pat down firmly and evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving turn out onto platter and peel off cheesecloth.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.