Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Plan




So, I am moving out of my apartment by the end of the month and moving back home with my parents. We'll be figuring out the logistics as the weeks go by. I figure it was the best move considering that I have one paycheck left for March and I have no idea how long it will take to get my first unemployment check. In good times, it's usually 2 - 3 weeks but now that millions are unemployed, it might take longer.

I got a bunch of packing boxes today from Public Storage and am shredding all my miscellaneous paperwork this afternoon. I have no idea what to do with all the stupid knickknacks I have - they are a pain to pack and I don't even know if I'd want them in the future. I'm also going to sell/ give away a lot of my stuff.

Luckily, Rasputin can come to my parents with me. I would be heartbroken if I couldn't have him along. He's going to have a lot of fun moving from a 4 room apartment to a 3 bedroom Colonial house. He's a whole other set of logistics to figure out.

It is kinda sucky at age 32 that I will be living with my folks but it could be worse and I'm not the only one who has been forced to move back home thanks to the crummy economy. Plus, I'll be getting a dishwasher, 1.5 baths, and off-street parking so that's a pretty sweet trade up from my current digs.

No comments: