Monday, April 27, 2009

TV Round Up

Since I am unemployed, and have FIOS' multi-room DVR, I have been catching up on a lot of TV watching. Some are good, some are meh, and some need a lot more viewers.



Okay, this is yet another police procedural but it has Nathan Fillion. As in Captain Malcolm Reynolds oozing charisma over your television screen. Also they are trying for a Moonlighting/Cheers love-hate vibe. I say trying because who cannot love Nathan? Yes, I have been practicing how Mrs. Nathan Fillion would look, so what of it? People, he is Canadian, loves cats, and is HAWT!



I cannot tell you how much I love this show. It makes me miss corporate working life and yet not so much... It has a very twisted sense of humor (the company invented an Octochicken, I am still giggling over the mental image) and also has some real heart. The lead guy is pretty blah but he's pretty to look at and I enjoy all the peripheral charaters: Linda, Lem, Phil, Veronica, and Rose. This is a show that everyone needs to watch. "The Office" has been super serious lately and this show picks up the workplace comedy torch, covers it in napalm so we have a marathoner on fire. ABC Tuesdays at 8:30PM Eastern - watch it people!


As a former Buffy and Firefly (see Nathan Fillion and my deluded rantings/ marriage proposal) fan, I really wanted to love this show. But so far, I am enjoying it but wouldn't be sad when Fox cancels it. The concept kicks ass and there are a bunch of amazing episodes but there are the buts. 1) Eliza Dushku is not such a good actress that she can take on a new personality each week. 2) Scheduling sucks since Fox has messed with episode order so what you think is intriguing gets dropped for weeks on end. 3) Ironically, the most boring fast fowardable plot has become the most compelling one - the FBI guy and the spying doll. I really do like all the questions of morality, bio-ethics and glimpses of hot men, I get weekly but it deserves to be on the bubble.

Seriously, Nathan Fillion needs to marry me ASAP!

No comments: