Thursday, May 06, 2010

And Now the End is Here and So I Face the Final Curtain

Tomorrow is my last day at this job assignment. I have to admit that I am sad to go but am really grateful for the past five weeks. Not only do I appreciate the money, I appreciate feeling like a good worker, I appreciate the routine, and the great people I met along the way. I enjoyed the work so much, I did not dread going to work on Mondays. It also helped that Au Bon Pain and Dunks was on the way to my office. Oh yeah, my coffee addiction has been kicked into high gear!

My boss took me and a co-worker out to lunch today as a thank you. How classy is that? Seriously, I have never had a temp job where I have been treated with so much respect and generosity ever! At my other temp jobs, I was treated like a piece of gum on someone's shoe. At this temp job, I was given office supplies my first day. At other temp jobs, I had to beg for pens!



What's on the horizon now? I have calls into the various agencies that are working with me to find my next gig. I also applied for a full-time job here. I have health insurance kicking in May 13 and I'm going to use that up like any good hypochondriac should! Doctors appointment - check. New therapist - I've narrowed a list down to 3.

Also, I got The Sims 2 expansion pack Open for Business. Now I have every expansion pack up to Seasons. So far, I am really enjoying Open for Business. Most of my businesses are doing well but getting a restaurant on its feet is hellacious! I haven't tried opening a clothing store yet. It should be interesting. So, I have that keeping me entertained.

No comments: