Friday, July 13, 2012

Wouldn't it be funny if that girl got raped by like, 5 guys right now?

Actually Daniel Tosh, no it wouldn't be funny.  When I read about his latest stand-up routine here.  I was disgusted but not that surprised.  This is the same guy who likes to joke about how smart women are ugly.  Wasn't that a big joke back in the 1950's?  Right along with "Take my wife, please..."

Then I read about the harassment of Anita Sarkeesian the next day which blew my mind.  Where does all this hatred towards women come from?  I know some people would say mothers.  I've been around men with mommy issues my whole life and they usually aren't so blatant in their misogyny.  Why is threatening women okay now?  I know there are a lot of people out there feeling powerless and angry so now's the time to lash out against The Other.

It's not just these two women.  In the past two years, I've been threatened and screamed at a lot more than usual.  The usual, "Fucking bitch" and then the oh so lovely, "I'm going to put you in the hospital".  Somehow it seems like women have become the acceptable group to kick nowadays.  The anniversary of Title IX brought out the vocal women haters.

Listen, just leave us alone.  We don't hate you.  We aren't taking anything from you.  We just want to live our lives.  If something seems unfair or angers us, we speak up!  If your life sucks, its not my fault or my entire gender's fault.




No comments: