Sunday, November 19, 2017

Vermont Brewery Weekend


In honor of a friend's 40th birthday, a bunch of us surprised her with a Vermont brewery tour.  It was the first time I've spent time with anyone other than my roommate or family for a weekend.  I was a little nervous!  Exiting New Hampshire on route 89, I started thinking about Rasputin to get it out of the way before I had to socialize.  I kid you not, 103.1 FM started playing "Wildflowers" by Tom Petty - the same song I played before I put Ras to sleep! I started bawling and I took it as a sign as, "It's okay, Mama. Please have fun.  I'm okay."  That helped.

We rented a van to take us from brewery to brewery.  This company was amazing!  Full service, punctual, flexible, and a friendly interactive driver.  We went to Lost Nation first.  The beer was good and the crowd was nice and chatty.  Then we went to Rock Art.  They had my favorite facility and delicious beers.  Next we hit Alchemist Beer.  I tried Heady Topper for the first time - which is their huge hit.  But I actually liked Focal Banger better! Von Trapp Brewing was our next location.  Oh my word, so pretty and the food was great!  They had a couple beers I liked too. I only like a certain kind of hops and tend to gravitate towards stouts. Their Dunkel semi stout was delish.  I also really liked Helles and Vienna.  Our last stop was Prohibition Pig. I loved the location and vibe.  We headed back to the Air BnB afterwards for dinner and board games.  I am pooped people!

No comments: