Saturday, December 15, 2018

Phoenix Year

In 2018, I...

- had a biopsy
- got a new pet, Phil
- got a new job
- lost a pet, Stella
- totaled my car
- have a new medical situation

People, I am EXHAUSTED!The neurologist thinks I might have had a seizure that caused my accident. I'm getting a sleep deprived EEG and echocardiogram next week. The doctor wants me to start Keppra. Since I'm getting off Amlodipine (horrible drug BTW), I'm waiting for that to be out of my system before starting another med. I'm not driving. I can't drive for six months if it was a seizure. I get to avoid winter with a car in Boston - woohoo!

I'm doing pretty okay about Stella. We had a different kind of closeness since she didn't really like being touched. I fed her, got scratches and licks from her. Occasional snuggles on her terms only. She is definitely in a better place with no pain. I'm yet again impressed with the staff at Angell MSPCA. They treat pets like their own and show owners such patience and empathy. Our cat, Shauna, is still looking for Stella in our apartment but eventually she'll get it. Phil was confused/concerned but seems okay.

I'm starting my new job Monday Dec. 17. I'm excited, a little anxious, but ultimately happy. The people I interviewed with all seemed very nice. I'm going to reign in 100% me for a bit until I suss out the office vibe. I can't whip out my Marvel bobbleheads on Day 1, you know? I first interviewed for this job November 19 so technically I did get a job by my birthday, November 22.

There has been an ah ha moment for me about my health. The accident and some conversations with my brother have gotten my head straight about things. I've always been overweight and both sides of my family have weight issues. But that is no excuse to give up on being healthy. I realized that being so overweight with all the lovely health issues in addition worries people who love me. Since I love the people in my life, I want to save them hurt or anxiety. No cookie or dish of ice cream is more important than my brother or parents. If I can't get healthy for me, I can for them. I'm using this site and am really pleased so far. The next phase is checking out the gym a block away from me. Come at me 2019!

No comments: