Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Down the Sims 4 Hole

I had to get a new computer, I lost my old Sims 3 game progress. But with a new computer I would able to play Sims 4! Oh my goodness, I have been playing the hell out of it! I started with the base game plus Seasons plus Parenthood and toddler stuff pack. That first week was me figuring out how to rotate items and the new build options. I love the drag to make a foundation and the ability to select rooms! The wall variety is great too. I don’t like how neighborhoods work in the game. The map makes them appear to be connected but during game play, it isn’t as seamless.

I’m a big fan of building families, and learning skills so I decided to make my legacy family The Campbells. I started with James and Christina, kid James Jr and toddler Euphemia. I had no idea how difficult toddlers could be! The stupid glitches with feeding in a high chair almost killed a couple kids from starvation. Luckily, I joined an online Sims 4 community so they suggested just leaving out plates of food for the kids to eat. Tah dah. No dead kids.


I got bored with my builds so I started replicating house plans I found online. I always had to reconfigure garage spaces. There is a fabulous YouTube channel that is full of great game tips and can be a relaxing way to fall asleep while watching a build. I’m a toddler with blocks compared to his amazing freehand wall builds. Here’s the thing, I hate clutter in real life but you kinda need that stuff in the game to make homes more realistic. That is when I stumbled upon the challenge of putting décor items on shelves or surfaces. That stack of folded towels can’t go anywhere – grr


For the time being, I’m playing Sims 4 with realism so no magic, mermaids vampires, or aliens. I did get the Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Great Outdoors, Dine Out, Discover University, and City Living expansions (Black Friday sale – woot!) I also made a Sim me and Sim Phil and Fi Fi. I’m living my best life in Brindleton Bay as a vet. My childhood home got built in Newcrest. Adding wrapping stairs to the Sims 4 is fantastic by the way.


No mods and limited custom content because that can slow down game play horrendously. I might buy Get Together. I’m going to wait until I’ve fully played all the other expansions. University is so hard and not that engrossing but those skills and career buffs are worth it. I am also amazed how dirty and sleepless my Sim students can get! Yeah, accuracy points.


Dine Out is making me very happy. I adore building restaurants, designing menus, managing employees, and schmoozing with customers. Ironically, I am struggling with Bakeries with Get to Work. Can I just say, it’s total BS that you can’t hire a baker when you first start? Cupcake factory ain’t gonna cut it all the time. Also, why is that the microscope, and telescope huge? You need a skills barn to house everything! Speaking of, I do miss horses I just read about a Sims 4 challenge that could spice things up in each world – Insane Asylum. Finally I can use the clown costume!

No comments: