Friday, September 29, 2006

Fall 2006 TV Season

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
I've just seen the pilot so far but I have the second episode waiting for me on TiVo. I don't like Amanda Peet's character, Jordan. I find her flat and unbelievable. The pilot basically dragged until the introduction of Matthew Perry (Matt Albie) and Bradley Whitford's (Danny Tripp) characters. Those two have chemistry plus and I'm very happy to see Matt Perry playing non-Chandler. I can't tell how Danny is different from Josh Lyman. Since I adore Sarah Paulson, I'm very happy to see her on my TV. I'm not too happy with her character's name, Harriet. Mike Myers ruined that name for me. Damn you "So I Married an Axe Murderer" with beat poetry!

Heroes
I like the premise. The pilot was a bit expositiony but that's what a pilot is for, right? The flying brothers at the end made me snort with laughter. I liked the super cheerleader. If every week, we get to see a new gross injury, I would be satisfied. The weakest character is the Japanese teleporter. I can't tell if he's supposed to be a complete geek or someone who has no social skills. Plus, I tire of reading subtitles quickly. The Indian professor's son is beyond hot so I'm hoping he won't die! I don't get what Nevada stripper girl's power is. Is it a murderous superstrong doppelganger or is it just herself projected into another dimension?

Grey's Anatomy
The season premiere was boring an underwhelming. I'm glad Ellen Pompeo looks less deathly. The thing that bugged the crap out of me was when McDreamy said he chose wrong. So, what the hell was all last season?!?! The second episode I enjoyed a lot more probably because I'm a huge fan of Christina and Burke. Also, am I the last person on the planet who figured out that Callie Torres is played by the Sara Ramirez?

The Office
Pam didn't marry Roy - woohoo! Jim is still around, not physically but his prescence lingers. Poor, poor Oscar... The show still has the humor and the painful cringe-worthy moments. Plus, Steve Carrel has gorgeous eyes.

No comments: