Friday, September 29, 2006

Post-class Report.

Class last night was pretty fun. I'm so happy with my group. It's 4 guys plus me and they let me run things which is really awesome. We have finally picked a topic for our group project after weeks of emails back and forth. Also, last night the class got our DISC profiles back. My natural state is high and equal Dominance and Influence. Plus I am very low on Compliance and middling with Steadiness. work is a completely different story. My Dominance is basically the same as my natural state but my Influence is incredibly high - like 94%. Steadiness is in the basement and Compliance is low as usual. The way I read the report is that I like being in control as much as influencing others. Since in my current job I don't have a lot of control, I amp up my influencing skills to exert dominance. I'm still a little confused why my steadiness is so drastically different between natural state and work. Maybe it's the fact that I'm used to holding down the fort in my life outside work and I have fort to hold down at work?

Man pretty surfer dude wasn't in class last night. I didn't realize how catty guys can be. After class, a couple guys and I discussed him. We have a bet going on how old he is. In all this excitement, I wound up leaving my purse in the classroom and I only found out once I got home and looked for it. I sped back to campus since I knew buildings locked down at 10pm. As I was driving back, my gas light came on. What a trifecta of horror. If I did run out of gas, my cell and wallet were in my purse. Luckily, I got into the classroom right before the campus policeman locked the building up. Absolute craziness. In my head, it was divine punishment for gossiping during High Holidays.

No comments: