Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Dropping the Eaves

When I was little, if my mom was on the phone at night, I would be at my station. Upstairs, head pressed against the railing straining to hear what she was saying. Through this habit, I found out my parents had smoked pot - which is astounding at 11 years old.

Even though I am almost 30, I have not broken this habit. I can literally feel my ears perk up when I catch something juicy to overhear. You know what is making this habit worse? Working in a cubicle. Today has been a smorgasborg of hearing dirt on vendors and co-workers bitching behind other co-worker's backs.

I'm not apologetic about my eavesdropping. I think if you are talking loud enough for me to hear, it's not my fault that what you say gets received by my ears. Yes, I cannot grasp the concept of "None of my business."

No comments: