Wednesday, October 04, 2006

La Partie et Le Jeu

I forgot that I never wrote about the party I threw this weekend! It was quite simply one of the best parties I've thrown. The best party was the New Years bash my brother and I threw at our parents house several years ago. The worst was the New Years party last year where only 3 people showed up and left before midnight.

This weekend's party was a Murder Mystery party set on a train in 1940's Paris where I assigned guests a role - which is very tricky as RSVP's came in. I had invited 15 people. There were 8 roles so I doubled up assignments. Ultimately, 5 people came to the party and it worked out fine. I had my teddy bear as a stand-in for a character.

The part I'm most pleased about was the dishes I cooked. Everything was delicious and done on-time. I didn't have to slave over the stove in my cocktail dress and complete makeup. The actual murder mystery game was fun but I should have read the instructions more thoroughly beforehand. I'm the type of gal who jumps in and realizes, "Oh crap I should play a tape." a round too late. I played an American reporter who had a bad habit of completely fabricating stories and killing people. Hell, basically every person killed someone in their past but now we had to figure out who killed the victim in the game. Heh "victim"... She completely had it coming.

Brandy was sipped, wine was drunk, and accusations flew. I had fun bursting out with "J'accuse!" randomly. The revelations came fast and furious. I knew there was something up with the guy who had the flashy mustache... In the end, the twist was huge and the murderer figured out the plot. Throughout the night we wondered if all of us had snuck in to kill the victim. Stabbing a corpse, poisoning someone who was bleeding to death, and finally stangulation. To make sure it was done RIGHT, you know? The game ended around 11PM and people hung around until 1AM. The second everyone left, I was in my PJ's cleaning up. I was happy people had fun and pooped.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

J'ACCUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha! i had a blast! thanks so much for having us :-)