Thursday, October 19, 2006

Rebound TV

The last episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer aired May 2003. My Buffyaholic friends and I scattered to the winds with no more Tuesday night viewing parties. Some of us clung onto Angel as the last remaining link to the Buffyverse but that show ended May 2004. I'm not proud of my viewing habits in the intervening years. Somehow, I wound up watching Charmed. It was a cheap and poor substitute for Buffy. Thankfully that show was put out of its misery last May.

In the intervening time, I discovered Veronica Mars. It is a fitting substitute for Buffy. Both have snarky blonde heroines trying to help people and a quirky cast of friends/enemies. Yet in a weird way, I missed the supernatural element. I missed vampires, demons, and the mythology.

One of my friends who is also a recovering Buffyaholic pointed me towards Supernatural. Hell, the title explicitly let me know what to expect. So, I checked out season 1. Ah yes, I am hooked. The other thing I missed from the Buffyverse was broody, conflicted eye candy. This show has it in SPADES!

No comments: