Sunday, November 05, 2006

Schadenfreude is Oh So Sweet

When I first heard about this, I thought:

1. Finally a story to bump the Kerry joke off the front pages!

2. Is there a secret homosexual cabal deep within the Republican party?

3. How long will it take him to get admitted to rehab and/or blame a priest?

The White House is trying to "downplay" Haggard's influence. Just like they did with Abramoff even though there are records of him[Abramoff] visiting the White House HUNDREDS of times. The timing of this is all too sweet considering the Right Wingers were gearing up another round of gay bashing to scare Christians to the voting booth, in the wake of New Jersey's gay marriage ruling. I don't want to crow too loud but there is this tiny flicker of hope in my heart that we may just do it. That we may be able to take back Congress. Nothing can make me happier than Russ Feingold with subpoena power!

No comments: