Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Gigo-Action


Well folks, installing World of Warcraft basically killed my old iBook. It was 4 years old. This is a lesson for me to never install something beyond my computer's memory and RAM specs. I had been planning on getting a new computer in January but faced with the prospect of being computer-less for a month, I went shopping. Last night I picked up a new MacBook plus a printer (which will be free after a rebate). Plus, I got new earbuds for my iPod. The Sony adjustable size earbuds are so comfortable compared to the free monstrosities the iPod comes with. I seriously think I bruised my ears from those!

I've been an Apple gal all my life dating from the good old days of the Apple IIE. My first personal computer was a Performa and that was back in the early 90's when no one was selling things for Macs. My Mac prowess wound up helping me in my first job after college. It was 1999 when iMacs were coming out and I was working for a non-profit so I got to order new computers for the entire company. Since most of my co-workers were Apple illiterate, I basically became a one woman IT dept. One co-worker put her iMac on her old (unplugged) hard drive and called me when she couldn't access the disc she inserted. My Mac skills are thanks to my brother. He is the family computer guy. Right now, he's jealous about my new purchase since I have the best computer in the family.

Yes, Apple customers are like a cult. When I spoke to the sales rep at the Apple store, her face lit up when I told her that I've been an lifelong Apple gal. We got to shop talk about the Intel chips in the new Macs. I haven't had the time to check out all the cool new doohickies on my computer yet since most of last night was devoted to set-up. I do know that I have a built-in camera and airport card. Also, World of Warcraft should run like a dream - which means I might be able to get the new expansion pack that is coming out next month!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we have WOW on our new MacBook and it runs great. Have fun!