Friday, December 08, 2006

Kee-Yah!

Yesterday I took as a sick day due to a pounding headache and exhaustion/lethargy. I probably have a sinus infection and am crashing from a crazy semester. Luckily, I was able to make it to my first Tae Kwon Do lesson. My co-workers and I are taking lessons here.

I was a bit anxious because I know I am horribly out of shape and some residual grade school anxiety. I could do everything in the class. Whether I did it well, is up to debate. I got to kick things and practice some footwork. I'm good at kicking and not too nimble on my feet. When we got to combo kicks, I had trouble turning enough to be aligned well. I did get individual coaching on that part. It was a bit embarassing but done in a totally supportive practical manner. The class isn't too big and there is a wide range of ages and fitness. I really liked how the class focused on strengthening both sides of the body. So, I'm signed up until March 8 and I got my own set of white jammies (I'm sure there's a technical name for them).

No comments: