Monday, December 11, 2006

Social Butterfly Weekend

My goodness this weekend was busy! It's so nice that now school has wound down, I can devote more time to an actual social life because that will be all I'll have after May.

Sarah's holiday party was tremendous fun and I learned that I'm not 21 so I should limit alcohol consumption. Throughout the night, I wound up informing people about my conversion to Judaism, how I'm looking for a guy, my anti-depressant medication, my most embarrassing drunk moment, and trashing the Bush administration. Yup, I'm a chatty (slurring) Yellow Tail drunk. Thank goodness there weren't any single men at the party!

Last night I went to 10 cent wings night at John Brewer. Basically the reason why my social life has picked up is that the perky redhead who I work with (PRH) met Sarah back in September. PRH also has a hilarious, snarky buddy. Since then, there have been many martini nights and parties. Sarah is like a passport, bring her anywhere and you're in. Hence my social life, tae kwon do classes, and an actual work friend. Wings night was with PRH, her brother, her ex-now-friend, and snarky buddy. It was a good group. Her brother and I have too much in common - it was kind of freaky. The wings were good and cheap.

I finally got around seeing the movie version of The DaVinci Code. You know what? I hated the book but it really makes a good movie. I think it's the fact that the book deals with interpreting symbols and paintings so a movie can readily convey what takes chapters to explain.

No comments: