Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mid-December Bleargh

2 days until Chanukah and 12 until Xmas. I'm done shopping for presents and have sent out my holiday cards. The remainder of the month for me is 7 working days and 10 vacation days. So why am I crashing so hard now? Seriously, I have been dragging ass for a while. It doesn't matter when I get to bed at night, I'm lucky if I make it into work by 9AM. And I live 10 minutes away so I have absolutely no excuse.

Last night's chorus concert went really well! Even though this was the least prepared I ever was for a concert and I was exhausted, somehow I didn't completely screw up or keel over on the risers. Maybe it was the adrenaline of not knowing how we'd perform that saved us? Man, I used to live for that adrenaline rush! In my younger days, nothing was more fun for me than speaking in front of groups of people completely unprepared and on the fly.

With encouragement from my rabbi (who is newly married and thus knows her stuff), I have ventured back onto the Jdate scene. It has been just a week and so far I've just gotten two creepy solicitations. Creepy #1 is this guy who looks like Jon Lovitz He contacted me before and I blew him off and blocked him before. He's obviously on autopilot and sends emails to any chick. Creepy #2 was this guy who couldn't spell and only half filled out his profile. He has a "sun who is the lit of my lif". A catch people! I know, how could I have turned that fine specimen down?

Tomorrow night, I am using up my Sephora gift card with Sarah and then going to dine with the gang at Erawan of Siam. Friday night is Chanukkah service at temple and then RELAXING.

Three weeks in, I've hit a World of Warcraft wall. I have two main characters (plus 2 alts) and I'm stuck in the rut of going on a quest, dying over and over, finally completing the quest, then buying new stuff. Isn't it sad that I use shopping as a reward in a virtual world? I'm a practical gamer though. I don't care if a shield matches my character's outit, I consider its armor potential before I buy it.
So far I've discovered that palladins and rogues kick ass. You can do many cool things at low levels and die less easily. Druids and mages are lame if you are just starting and have no money - I'm sure they're cool when you're level 3 billion with buckets of gold.

Hopefully Tae Kwon Do class tonight will help wake me up. Even though I have the not-fun task of returning the uniform they sold me and asking for a "husky" or "plus-size" version.

No comments: