Monday, January 29, 2007

I Love Roslindale


This past weekend, I spent a lot of time in Roslindale and remembered that I LOVE the area. When I was little, one of my aunts and uncles had half a triple decker in Rozzy. It was the coolest home to a little kid. My cousin had a bachelor's staircase going from her bedroom to the kitchen - which was perfect for hide n'seek. The house was also close to Jamaica Pond which added to the magic in my 5 year old brain.

Roslindale hasn't lost the magic in the intervening 25 years. My friend's place is the top floor of a 3 story Victorian which a porch. She has skylights and lives surrounded by various churches. Sunday morning, I was woken up by sushine and church bells. Very Disney, no? Every block, there was some architectural masterpiece. The quaint little shops, the fantastic restaurants, and the small neighborhood feel made me fall in love with the area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! With any luck, I'll be linking to this post in the City Weekly section of this Sunday's Globe. If you could drop me a line, I'd be grateful - I have a question for you about it.

Thanks!

adamg@gaffin.com