Monday, January 29, 2007

What Has Happened to Battlestar Galactica?


I used to think that Battlestar Galactica was one of the best written shows on TV. I couldn't wait for new episodes. I don't know what's going on with the most recent season but I have a faintly familiar reaction to it. My favorite characters are pissing me off, I am bored during the show and when I see previews for the next episode, I think to myself, "AGAIN?!" This happened to a show before. Buffy the Vampire Slayer seasons 6 & 7. I will not use the term "jump the shark". But I will make an analogy:

Willow's magic addiction = Dee/Apollo/Starbuck/Anders (Storyline Killers)

"He has a SOUL now" = Starbuck and Apollo's mating dance (unhealthy relationships are never fun to watch)

The First = The Final Five (a very cool plot development that will probably be mangled/ruined)

Spike = Baltar (a character good in small doses, annoying when crazy)

I really hope the show gets better soon because I heard that a new season hasn't been ordered by Sci Fi, possibly due to slipping ratings.

No comments: