Sunday, January 07, 2007

My New Favorite TV Show



I got into "Six Feet Under" during its last season and was blown away so I caught up on past episodes via Netflix. Now, that the show has ended, I kept track of what cast members are doing. When I heard Michael C. Hall got a TV show based upon a serial killer who works for the police department I was intrigued. I saw my first episode two weeks ago. It is seriously addictive, funny and touching. Even though he's a sociopath, you find yourself caring deeply about Dexter. There are points where I had to stop myself and think, "You are cheering for a pyschopath. What's wrong with you?" I have to admit some of his kills are deeply satisfying. To top off my addiction to this show, his girflfriend is played by Julie Benz aka Darla from "Angel" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". Basically this show is a culmination of the last decade of my TV watching tastes. Therefore it is PERFECTION. I don't know if the series is out on DVD yet but if you have Showtime, you can catch up on the first season's episodes via OnDemand.

On a completely shallow note, since it's cable there is nudity and swearing. Plus, a buff scruffy Michael C. Hall is very easy on the eyes (if you ignore the hollow dead eyes of a killer). You don't see guts gore but you do see blood splatter and body parts. I'm a wimp when it comes to horror movies and nothing in the show has made me queasy yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHEN ARE THEY BRINGING DEXTER BACK ??????????