Sunday, January 07, 2007

Coping Mechanisms

Max's death really effected me to the point where I started wondering if the recent refill on my anti-depressants was accurate (the pill color looked different this time around). I called the pharmacy and they told me they switched manufacturers so I wasn't going crazy. The good thing about being older and self-aware, I know what can pull me out of spiraling down into non-functioning depression: shopping, helping others, and being around people. So, that is what I did this weekend!

Saturday, I picked up some new clothes to perk up my ensemble for upcoming parties. That day I also collected blankets and towels for this drive for the Homeless. Do you know that the average age of a homeless person in MA is 8? The drive ends Jan. 15 so please raid your bedding and donate!

Sunday, I visited my grandparents with my mom. That was a combo of being around people and helping others so I felt extra good after that visit. My grandpa seems to get me and what I needed to talk about so we spent some time sharing pet stories. It turns out he has been a lifelong cat guy! My grandma is doing well after her mastectomy. She's starting radiation in 4 to 6 weeks. We had fun sitting around trading family stories. I got to see that my grandma also has a pretty cynical point of view regarding some family members. Sunday night, I caught up on my Netflix movies. "Vertigo" was okay but two things skeeved me out: Kim Novak's eyebrows and the fact that Jimmy Stewart was at least 20 years older than his love interests. I ADORED "The Great Escape". So many bad accents, suave smart alecky men... James Garner was very yummy way back when. The only part where I was bored was the never ending motorcycle chase.

No comments: