Monday, January 22, 2007

Sick & Blech...

The cold I had been fighting off for a week caught up to me Friday. On the up side, thanks to a weekend of R&R, the sinus part of the cold has moved to my ears and throat. I'm at work today and it feels awful. I am either freezing or boiling plus the air in the building is so dry I am parched no matter how much water I drink.

Tomorrow, I have a doctor's appointment so I am expecting some relief in pill form and I'm going to take another sick day. I went to bed early last night and I knew the Pats game was close because my neighbors were shouting about it in the backyard. Since I didn't hear any cheering/partying, I was pretty sure the Colts won as I fell asleep. It's too bad but we have dominated the Super Bowl so I think it's okay to allow some other team a chance. In fact, if the Colts win the Superbowl that would make me feel better.

In WoW news, I got the Burning Crusade last Thursday and promptly set up 1 Draenai and 2 Blood elves. Unfortunately, my Horder server, Mug'thol, has become insanely popular since the Burning Crusade was released. I get queued or booted every time I try to play. I don't want to spend $25 to transfer each character so I'm switching servers. Thank goodess none of my Hordes are past level 8! So far, I am liking Hunter Blood Elves. The music in their land is pretty cool too, kind of like a combo of Battlestar Galactica and Ligetti. It got ridiculous with all the new characters trying to run the same quests. Early on there's a quest to kill a guy at the top of a tower. So when I made my way to the top, he was already killed and there were a dozen players lingering around to kill him when he resurrected. I know which quests to delay finishing when I find entire fields littered with bodies of the animal I'm supposed to kill. Being a Draenai shaman is pretty cool but I have to say one of the quests is a bit manipulative. I was supposed to heal 1 crash survivor. So I did. But during other quests or exploring the land, I find other survivors littering the area begging for help. So, I stop and heal each one. I know, I know it's just a game... It's the begging that gets me.

No comments: