Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Good News Everyone: My Throat Isn't Pregnant

Medical science still continues to amaze me. There is a desk toolkit that can test for strep infection. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and after they took a swab of my throat, they stuck the swap in this tiny receptacle. As I sat waiting in the room, I saw a blue line appear on the receptacle. The thing is, I didn't know if a blue line was positive or negative. So, I had a full check-up and I have my bi-annual sinus infection without strep throat. I got a prescription for the 3 day Z-pack. That stuff is simply amazing. In one day, I am feeling better! I know that since I get prescribed Z-pack at least twice a year, the effectiveness will wear off soon. So far, it is still the magical medicine that makes me better in a week.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Z pack officially doesn't work on me anymore! i am still sick, even having finished up my 5 day Z pack on saturday.