Wednesday, January 24, 2007

2007: Time for Change

I've been living in my current apartment for five years and it really feels like a home to me. The furniture and decorations all fit and look good. The space is perfect. I even have my own laundry area downstairs so I can do my laundry at 2AM in my PJ's if I want. On the surface, my apartment appears to be 700 square feet of perfection.

However, five years of making excuses for my apartment has taken its toll. I can't keep the heat on at night because the radiators make so much noise, I can't sleep. Every 6 months the bathroom faucets break. None of the utilities are included in rent so I have to pay for oil heat and electricity ($200 extra). The street I live on only allows parking on one side and during snow storms, there is a parking ban. My bi-annual sinus infections started 5 years ago. In the summer, my apartment is 10 degrees hotter than outside and any breeze I get is hot since my apartment faces South.

Since I am receiving my MBA in May, I am planning on moving either June or September. I'd like to stay in Waltham because of my awesome commute and it's a great city. I'd like a place with utilities included, off-street parking, and cat friendly (within my budget of course). Doing some initial apartment searches has given me hope. Even in January, there are a ton of places that meet my criteria and budget. Imagine what will happen in June?

No comments: