Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Screaming Fight Heard 'Round the World

Friday night around 11:30pm, I was unwinding on my sofa, catching up on TiVo shows when I heard it begin. My downstairs neighbor and his girlfriend were having a screaming fight. Like any conscientious neighbor, I put my TV on mute and tried to hear what was going on. There was something about the guy leaving her and him saying over and over "Get out of my house." With a door slam, the whole blow up ended.

Except it didn't. I thought the door slam was her leaving but SHE HADN'T LEFT! More screaming for another hour and more fake out door slams that only paused the screaming. When she finally left, around 1AM, he continued the fight over the phone and wound up slamming things around in his apartment. So, that is how I got no sleep Friday night. I'm getting the feeling that my landlord was so desperate to find tenants, he didn't do a thorough background check with this guy. Or this guy tends to date illiterate losers.

No comments: