Sunday, February 25, 2007

Shopping Saturday

I live pretty close to the Arsenal Mall and had some items I wanted to pick up. Plus, what better way to shop than completely exhausted? This wound up being the best shopping trip I've had in months.

First off, I found out that I have lost a pants size! I think it's a combo of Weight Watchers and Tae Kwon Do. Kicking really works out the abs as well as the legs. I also found out that I look kick ass in a denim dress. I got to use 2 coupons that saved me about $30.

This winter, my skin has been complete dry crap. I hate the itchiness and flaking so I stopped by Bath and Body Works. I love testing out new scents but since I know I have a crazy weak spot for this store, I went in with a plan. My favorite scent now is Coconut Lime Verbena and I just had shower gel, so I stocked up on the complete line of Coconut Lime (ooh rhymes!). Plus, I ventured into white cherry blossom body spray. I've been to the store so often, the cashier remembered me and hooked me up with coupons.

My final stop was at the best shoe store ever, Famous Footwear. I usually shop at Payless and have gone through dozens of black dress shoes with wedge heels. Since I had thrown out my latest pair Friday, I knew I needed a replacement. My problem with wedge heels is that I tend to roll my feet out so over time, the heel gets worn down on the outside and walking gets very bad for my knees and back. I also tend to buy dykey clunkers so I knew I wanted to expand my shoe horizons. At age 30, I finally got my first pair of "pizza shoes"*

*This description comes from a crazy lady on What Not to Wear. She was so ridiculously nuts, my mother and I adopted some of her crazyisms.

No comments: