Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Better Yet Worse

Thanks to a great Tae Kwon Do class last night, my mood is much better. It was really cool seeing my fellow former white belts lined up with yellow belts. I wound up landing funny on my right ankle but, either because I'm in good shape or kicking with a bum ankle cures whatever ails it, I'm fine today.

The cold/infection I'm battling has metamorphosed into a combo ear/eye problem. I woke up with a screwed up right eye and an aching jaw. If I have a twofer: sinus infection and pink eye, I will take a WEEK off and pump myself full of meds. Tomorrow is going to be a sick day to see if a day of R&R will help.

I have ventured into Wishlist territory with TiVo. My lists are solely actors. Johnny Depp has done a lot of crap movies unfortunately. I hated "The Astronaut's Wife" and "The Ninth Gate". Vincent D'Onofrio isn't any better in that regard. But "Stuart Saves His Family" is pretty damn awesome. I've had pretty good luck with Daniel Day Lewis and Nicole Kidman. "The Crucible" with Lewis is so frustratingly, terrifyingly awesome. The scene where he screams, "But it is my NAME!" gives me chills. I have no idea what Nicole Kidman was thinking when she signed on for "Birth". It was horrible. But I am starting to become fascinated with Danny Huston (Angelica Huston's brother). Wishlist?

My grandparents sent me a gorgeous card congratulating me on my conversion with money so that is very cool.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

LOVE THE CRUCIBLE!! I watch it over and over again. Birth was terrible yet I watched the whole thing...