Thursday, April 26, 2007

I Got An A!

When my paper was handed back last night, I didn't immediately flip to the back to see my grade. I thumbed through the pages to see the professor's comments. There were a lot of exclamation points and check marks so I was a bit confused. This was the paper that didn't come close to the page requirement and had no conclusion. But I got a A anyways! I'm happy that content and research trumped formatting. My grade range for this class is between B+ and A depending on how I do on the take home final.

This got me thinking about life post-graduation. I like school because I have clear goals and get feedback on my work. But life isn't like that. So what will I be "graded" on after I get my MBA? My tae kwon do belt, my salary, my weight, and relationships can all be graded. Right now, I think I'm passing 2 out of 4.

The other thing to consider is that I like being busy. Having a full plate of things to do makes me feel alive and energized. After May 19, my Things To Do will be drastically smaller so will I feel dead and lethargic? Due to my need to be busy, I have trouble relaxing and taking it easy - which is why a week vacation is worthless to me. It takes me a week to get relaxed! So far my post-graduation plans are:

May 19 to 31 - get used to no school, start relaxing
June through July - enjoy time off
August - take a week off to bring home my kitten and orient him.
September - Monday night chorus, Tuesday and Thursday Tae Kwon Do. Possibly pottery or Hebrew classes.

No comments: