Friday, April 27, 2007

Just When I Think I'm Out, It Pulls Me Back In

Earlier on this blog, I talked about Air Force Asshole (the guy who was my best friend until I had my stroke and he got angry at me for doing that to him). He's also the guy who told me that if I had laid off of the Twinkies, I wouldn't have had a stroke. The last time we had any contact with each other was late 2001. It was easy to cut him out of my life since he was living in CA and he took most of our mutual friends with him.

This past year I discovered his presence on the blogosphere. He's still the same guy I remember self-righteous and convinced of his glorious talent. Imagine my horror when I discovered that he moved back to MA and is working in Boston. The likelihood of possibly bumping into him has grown ten-fold and I've been having nightmares lately. He can't do anything more to hurt me, I know. But the memory of what he did to me five years ago is still painful. I'm not once burned twice shy. I'm once burned, make a mental list.

The nightmares are basically of me being chased or being driven off a road. I know it's ridiculous that after everything I have accomplished and survived, some nasty comments still haunt me. Maybe the six years of not dealing with him and his comments just put my feelings on pause? Now here I was thinking that I had been mature and worked through the hurt. Sigh... At least I am saner and have better friends now!

No comments: