Monday, April 09, 2007

One Exhausted Jew

My conversion Friday went fine. The part that got me the most nervous was the Beit Din but it wasn't too bad. It was just the unknown and the power the 3 rabbis had that freaked me out. The mikveh was wonderful and relaxing. Oddly enough, getting naked in front of a stranger didn't worry me or freak me out. My family took me out for lunch after the ceremonies. Since my emotions had been run through a gamut, I crashed back at my place. No Shabbat service, just me prostrate on the sofa listlessly flipping through TV stations.

Saturday I slept in, skipping Tae Kwon Do. The day was occupied with cooking for a seder meal. I found out that certain grocery store chains are better than others for Passover shopping. Shaws kicks ass. Hannaford stinks. Also, if you want a lamb shankbone, pick it up the first couple days of Passover because butcheries run out. I made a London broil, matza ball soup, latkes and grilled veggies for the post-Seder meal. I was only cooking for 3 and I was completely frantic/exhausted. My mom came through on the shankbone. My charoset was pretty darn delicious. The matza ball soup was the yummiest thing I had ever eaten.

Sunday, I slept in again and spent most of the day doing homework. I have 7 classes left and 5 deliverables due before I graduate: 3 papers and 2 presentations. I finished one paper but I have a 10 page paper due next Wednesday and I have no thesis. I know I want to say something about global culture and brand marketing. But what? Ugh! This is what I'm going to be working on for the next week.

No comments: